This is Atiya with my second project for May Box. This time I have created a DIY card using the Vellum that came in the box. Here are quick steps on how to achieve this.
1. First I grabbed the Vellum along with the white cardstock and die cut those using Sizzix Stitched Squares Framelit Dies. White cardstock was done using one size bigger than the Vellum.
2. Next, I got the patterned cardstock (which came with the box again) and die cut that as well using a regular Sizzix Square die. (Please note pattern cardstock was layered below the white cardstock which I had die cut it in the first step. Hence I have used the bigger square die.)
3. I layered the white square die cut onto the patterned cardstock. I have used a foam tape to add a little dimension.
4. Then I took out an inspirational stamp by Tim Holtz and Letter It Embossing Powder in Marigold. I stamped the quote using a Clear Embossing Distress Ink onto the Vellum and added the embossing powder on the top. I then removed the excess and heated the sentiment using a heat gun. I absolutely loved the end result!
5. I layered the Vellum on the top of the white cardstock using a spray adhesive. I didn’t want to glue it down as it would have shown through the vellum. Once this was done, I quickly added few sequins using Glossy Accents.
6. Next, I cut and scored the base of the card and again using the foam tape I glued everything down. And there you have it a DIY card using a Vellum.
Isn’t that easy? I hope you liked it!
See you next time!
For details on how to subscribe for The Glittery Hands Craft Box – Click here!